Monday, September 13, 2010

Bleachin' Shirts

I get crafty at night. So instead of going to bed, I pulled out the bleach! I have a pile of old t-shirts that I haven't worn since before this last baby and dug out a few I was willing to sacrifice if this project was a flop. I put some bleach in a little spray bottle (an old blue glass one that used to have good smelling water so it made the bleach smell kinda good). You can also have fun with a bleach pen (but make sure it's not old or the bleach will have lost its gumption).

This shirt was done by placing a fake daisy on the shirt, then spraying the bleach over and around it.

Up close. Looks like daisy shadows on the Milky Way.


Here is the back of the same shirt. I originally had some bleach bleed through. (If you don't want this to happen, put cardboard or something in between the layers!)...But then it gave me an opportunity to camouflage. So I sprayed and splashed the back. It's a party from all angles.


This shirt turned out cool. I placed a huge necklace just below the neckline and sprayed it with bleach.  A little bleach dripped down and made splotches, but I like it crazy like that! Now I have a built in necklace.

Here's the detail of another shirt. I cut out a flower and dot shapes from thin cardboard and laid them on the shirt and sprayed bleach over them.

 
And this purple shirt had great contrast, turning all shades of pink.


I was getting bored of all my plain jane shirts. Now they have a little spice to em!

(I did not picture the bleachy-green practice shirt which turned out ug-ly, but hey, you gotta start somewhere!)

No comments:

Post a Comment